Youth Athletic Programs
STRENGTH AND SPEED SCHOOL
This small group program focuses on barbell exercises in a linear progression method to increase the athletes overall strength as efficiently and safely as possible. Strength in young athletes is the most important aspect of their overall athletic ability. When athletic skill is equal, strength generally is the difference between winning and losing. Strength is the easiest aspect to increase for a young athlete.As time passes, genetics plus strength will determine an athlete’s level of success for a given sport or event. Strength is gained at a gym under the supervision of a knowledgeable strength coach. Proficiency of a particular sport or event is achieved on the field, wrestling mat, volleyball court, swimming pool or track. Having strength training in a gym and proficiency training of your specific sport is the best combination for your young athlete to succeed!
- Focused on athletes for ages 12 – 18.
- This program teaches young athletes the proper form and technique of strength and weight training that will be beneficial to them in the future.
- Program based on the training methods of Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength Program.
- Starting Strength as defined by Mark Rippetoe, “The Starting Strength System makes use of the body's most basic movement patterns – barbell exercises that involve all the body’s muscle mass – utilized over the longest effective range of motion and loaded progressively, to force the adaptations necessary for increased strength."
- Program is 4 days a week (Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday) 75 minutes per day plus a written out cardio workout plan (Wednesday’s workout). This workout is specific to each individual’s needs (i.e. some athletes, thinner in stature will not participate in cardio if strength is their main goal. But, if the athlete is a distant performer cardio will be included).
- Trainer works personally with each student and is on site each day from 2:30 – 4:30 PM (school year hours) to oversee technique, progress and results.
- We know not all of your student athletes are the same which is why our small group training is best for them because it is more personalized to their levels and their development.
- Fall Program
- Start Date: Tuesday September 8th
- End Date: on going monthly in the fall (restarts at the first of every month)
- Class Days: Monday | Tuesday | Thursday | Friday
- Class start time: drop off from 2:15-3:30 and class is then 1 hour after drop off
- Instructor: Pat Lane
YOUTH FIT CAMP
Youth Fitcamp is the introduction to youth fitness. This class is best for either no workout experience or for your young student athletes that aren't yet at a spot where they should be lifting heavy weights developmentally. Youth Fitcamp will help them learn the basic moves and get their form correct so it will help translate into the next level. Your kids will be learning form and these basic moves with kettle bells, dumbbells, TRX and other equipment. All stations are timed which is perfect for all levels because everyone's 100% is different!
Again whether your child is brand new to fitness or just wants to stay conditioned through summer to fall sports then this class is for them!
- This program is focused on youth ages 10 – 15
- The program is a 3 days week/1 hour per day program. (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Program currently given during the summer (June, July and August)
- Summer 2021 details coming soon...
KIDS YOGA CLASS
Join Janel for a kids only yoga class! This will be a playful yoga class that is designed to teach kids yoga poses, balance, breathing and relaxation. Yoga not only calms the mind but it helps improve flexibility, improve motor skills and improve concentration!
$10 Drop In
Spots are limited to call to save yours today!
Fall class schedule coming soon...