Youth Athletic Programs
STRENGTH AND SPEED SCHOOL
This small group program focuses on barbell exercises in a linear progression method to increase the athletes overall strength as efficiently and safely as possible. Strength in young athletes is the most important aspect of their overall athletic ability. When athletic skill is equal, strength generally is the difference between winning and losing. Strength is the easiest aspect to increase for a young athlete.As time passes, genetics plus strength will determine an athlete’s level of success for a giving sport or event. Strength is gained at a gym under the supervision of a knowledgeable strength coach. Proficiency of a particular sport or event is achieved on the field, wrestling mat, volleyball court, swimming pool or track. Having strength training in a gym and proficiency training of your specific sport is the best combination for your young athlete to succeed!
- Focused on athletes for ages 12 – 18.
- This program teaches young athletes the proper form and technique of strength and weight training that will be beneficial to them in the future.
- Program based on the training methods of Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength Program.
- Starting Strength as defined by Mark Rippetoe, “The Starting Strength System makes use of the body's most basic movement patterns – barbell exercises that involve all the body’s muscle mass – utilized over the longest effective range of motion and loaded progressively, to force the adaptations necessary for increased strength."
- Program is 4 days a week (Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday) 1 hour per day plus a written out cardio workout plan (Wednesday’s workout). This workout is specific to each individual’s needs (i.e. some athletes, thinner in stature will not participate in cardio if strength is their main goal. But, if the athlete is a distant performer cardio will be included).
- Trainer works personally with each student and is on site each day from 2:30 – 4:30 PM to oversee technique, progress and results.
YOUTH FIT CAMP
This program is designed to get youth physically fit and create a foundation for both student athletes and non-athletes looking to gain overall strength and conditioning. Perfect starting place for those who haven't worked out before or for your younger athletes. Starting with youth Fitcamp will start to teach them proper form with body weight exercises so that they are ready for future weighted exercises. Learning proper form here will help them to excel and avoid future injuries.
- This program is focused on youth ages 10 – 18
- The program is a 3 days week/ 1 hour per day program.
- Program currently given during the summer (June, July and August)
- Dates for summer 2019 coming soon