Healthy Diet Tips for the Holiday Season
Do you struggle with dieting around the holidays? Well you are not alone! Dieting during the holidays is no easy task to take on! Here is a great link to check out that has tips on how to stay on your diet with small indulgences -- the best of both worlds!
Check out the recipe below to try out this holiday season! If you have to bring a side, you might as well make it healthy! Making a healthy side not only helps others but it also insures that you have at least one relatively healthy thing to munch on at your next party!!
Healthy Holiday Side
Bring this to your next holiday gathering (this way you have a healthy alternative to eat as well!!)
YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, CRANBERRY AND QUINOA SALAD
This Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad is simple to make, naturally vegan and gluten-free, and wonderfully light and delicious!
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and ends trimmed, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (here is a tutorial/recipe for how to cook quinoa)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- orange vinaigrette (see below)
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
Toss all ingredients together until combined.
TO MAKE THE ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
Happy Holidays From Signature Health & Fitness!!